About Me

I am studying abroad in Trivandrum, Kerala in India for three weeks. The course is about eco-sensitive housing with Jerry Anthony as the professor.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bad Bus Photos and Some Randoms

As you may or may not know, we have done a TON of driving around.  While we are driving, I always see so many cool and interesting things and have tried to take pictures of them.  Well, as you can imagine, the pictures don't always turn out the best.  Therefore, I am going to share some of them with you, solely for your entertainment.

A very nice wall


Another very nice wall.

Women in sarees ride side saddle.





There is a triangle of paper stars that goes up there... obviously I didn't capture that.


Some lovely steel.


I don't even know what I'm trying to take a picture of.


I actually meant to do that.  I just find it absurd that there is a KFC in Trivandrum.


I also uploaded a video to youtube trying to show what the driving is like.  At times it is much worse than this.  Also, I apologize for the shakiness.
Driving in Trivandrum

Also: this is the wonderful doorman at SP Grand Days!



A few times, we have had to push our bus because it wasn't starting.  Today I walked up to Ingrid and Stephanie pushing the bus.  I tried to capture it, but I just missed them pushing it. I took a picture anyway:

I've never understood this, but our bus says Phoenix Tours on the side.  I'll never understand.


You never know when we're going to have internet connection again...




Monkeys. You're welcome.


1 comment:

  1. You really like walls!! They must have very interesting walls in India!! haha Although these were the ones that you didn't think turn out I actually liked them because I feel like they were more of a real picture of their culture and how things are for them. They just seemed like normal, every day pictures to me and not "tourist" photos.

    ReplyDelete